The following rules and mooring guidelines apply to Windermere Marina Village to ensure your safety and enjoyment and that of other mooring holders they must be strictly adhered to.
- Never refuel within the Marina by hand – this is a serious fire and pollution risk. Always refuel at a designated fuel station. Diesel is available at Windermere Marina Village.
- Never barbecue on the jetties, walkways or in the proximity of boats – this is a serious fire hazard.
- All our jetties are supplied with mains water. If you are filling bottles or tanks for drinking water, then it is recommended to do so directly from the tap or through your own ‘lay-flat’ type hose which you should keep on board and empty of water after each use.
- Never run on the jetties. You are advised to wear flat, sensible shoes and take extra care when the jetties are wet.
- Children should always wear life jackets when near the water.
- Excessive noise and disturbance can affect your enjoyment and the enjoyment of other visitors to the Marina. Please endeavour to keep noise levels to a minimum. Mooring holders and their guests are asked not to make any noise or disturbance between the hours of 1am and 7am.
- Never discharge effluent of any kind into the Marina or Lake.
- Do not exceed the 3mph speed limit in the Marina and channel and keep your wash to a minimum on leaving and entering the Marina through Sourpool Wyke.
- Fishing is not allowed within the Marina.
- Nobody under the age of 16 years is permitted to drive craft with an engine in excess of 4HP on the Marina or any part of the Lake.
- Do not store equipment on the walkways or permanently fix things to the jetties. Under no circumstances should anything be nailed to the jetties.
- Ensure dogs are kept on a lead at all times and please clean up after your dog at all times.
- Please place all rubbish in the bin compounds provided.
If you see anybody causing offense or not adhering to the above mooring guidelines please contact a member of the Marina Management.
For your safety, the Marina is equipped with fire extinguishers, fire bells, life rings and emergency ladders. Take your time to familiarise yourself with their locations.