What an AMAZING summer so far! Without a doubt one of the best we can remember and a fantastic time to own a boat in the Lake District! We have had such a long period with no rain that the lake is now very low.
Here are a few tips to help keep you enjoying the Marina and lake during this dry spell:
1. When manoeuvring in the Marina keep your speed and wash to a minimum at all times.
2. If your boat allows it, keep engines trimmed up and keels lifted.
3. Keep clear of the edges of the Marina channels.
4. Be aware that yachts and larger craft may need to stay in the middle of the channels for the best water depth. Give way when you can and allow them room to manoeuvre.
5. On the lake give the shoreline and red buoys more distance than you normally would.
6. Approach jetties slowly and check you have enough depth before mooring up (consider wash from passing craft and the boat going up and down).
7. Enjoy the sunshine, your boat and the fabulous conditions on Windermere – it will rain eventually!
You can keep a check on the current lake level, measured just across the water at Far Sawrey, here…